A few years ago, Apple came up with the idea of making the first completely wireless earbuds in the world. This was a big moment for technology since now you only had to turn on your Bluetooth, and your earphones, in this case, called AirPods, would be connected to your phone. Naturally, many of you wanted to know how to connect fake AirPods to Android.
Though the Airpods were a huge success, there was a problem with them, not all people could use them because not everyone owns an iPhone, so other companies came up with their own version of AirPods that could be used on Android devices.
There are thousands of brands that make what people call “fake AirPods” which means there are many ways of connecting to your phone. What makes these different from the original ones is that they don’t have a W1 chip, which is the thing that makes the AirPods recognize an Apple device and easily connect to it.
If the manual of your fake AirPods isn’t beneficial and you’re having trouble connecting them to your Android, the following article may help you.
How to connect fake AirPods to Android
Usually, all earbuds connect the same way by pairing the device through Bluetooth. You can do it following the next steps:
- First, make sure your earbuds are ultimately charged.
- Place both of them inside the charging case and see the light coming from inside. Don’t close the lid.
- Locate the button on the back of the case, press and hold it for a few seconds.
- Now the light should be white. This means that the earbuds had entered their pairing mode.
- Open the Settings app on your phone and enter the Bluetooth section and turn it on.
- The name of the earbuds should appear there. It can take a few seconds to show, but they eventually do.
- Click on the device’s name, then on Pair or Connect, and the earbuds should start connecting to your phone. You will notice this because the light will blink between red and blue.
- The light will stop blinking once they are connected.
- Next time you use your AirPods, open the charging case and turn the Bluetooth on, and they should automatically connect.
- You can see if they are connected because the name will appear under Connected devices.
Tip: put the earbuds on your ears before finishing the pairing, this way, you can hear through them how they connect.
The fake AirPods should work as regular earbuds, but their features may change according to what brand you are using. For example, some of them can change the song by tapping on them or even turning up or down the volume, but it will depend.
We recommend you research before getting a new pair to see if it has the features you would like to use.
FAQ’s about Connecting Fake AirPods to Android
One of the earbuds isn’t working. What should I do?
During the pairing process, there could be flaws that cause one of the earbuds not to connect at all. When an earbud isn’t connecting properly, you should reset them this way:
- Put both of the AirPods inside the charging case. Again, they need to be fully charged before the process so it works better.
- Press and hold the button on the lower back of the case for about 15 seconds or a little bit longer while the lid of the case is open.
- The light inside of the case will start to blink, this means that the pair is reset.
- Repeat the connecting process that we previously explained as if it is the first time.
If one of the AirPods doesn’t sound and you have previously connected them to your phone, the leading theory is that it probably has a low battery, so check this before resetting them.
Why aren’t my fake AirPods charging?
If you plugged your charging case and your earbuds don’t seem to charge, maybe the problem is located in the case. There are a few things you can check to see the problem, you can try these:
- Grab a Q-tip and gently pass it through the charging contact. It would be best if you were very careful while you clean the case, so you can’t put alcohol or water on it.
- Make sure the cable is correctly connected to both ends, or try another cable that matches the case.
- Reset the AirPods.
- If one of them isn’t charging, but the other one is, try cleaning with the Q-tip inside the case. Try that both earbuds discharge at the same time so that they can charge evenly.
Some phones will let you know how much battery your AirPods have on the notification or the taskbar, but if yours doesn’t, you can check it by putting them inside the charging case and noticing the color of the light. It can be blue if they are fully charged, and red otherwise.
How to change the name of your fake AirPods on your phone?
As with many other Bluetooth devices, you can change the name of these earbuds on your phone so it is easier to locate them whenever you are connecting them by doing the following:
- First, you need to have the AirPods connected to your phone.
- Open the Settings app, and then to the Bluetooth option.
- You should see the current name of your earbuds. Usually, it is the model of the pair.
- Next, tap on the gear icon located on the side.
- You will see several options for your AirPods.
- Click on the pencil icon that is on the top right corner.
- This will show you a window where you can write the new name.
- Click on the Rename button, and now the name will be changed.
This feature can mainly be found in more recent models, so that it will depend on your kind.
Can I connect fake AirPods to my iPhone?
Yes, you can connect them to your iPhone because these earbuds work through Bluetooth. So you only have to do the same steps as you would do on an Android device.
The best fake AirPods on the market when we are about to buy a new gadget, we first look for reviews. This way we can avoid a bad time after buying something, and have the best quality for our budget. If you are interested in getting a pair of fake AirPods, we recommend the following three kinds that have good reviews:
EarFun Air: these are very popular among people who use their earbuds to work out. They adapt to your ear thanks to their ergonomic head, they are waterproof, and their battery regularly lasts more than a day.
Skullcandy Dime: this brand has always proved itself in the world of earphones. They are as excellent quality as other of their models, they are also waterproof, and a great microphone. Also, they come in a variety of fun colors.
Anker SoundCore Liberty Air 2: this model could be great for people who enjoy talking through their earbuds since they have two microphones. They have a lot of features regarding volume and songs; the only con is that their battery life is a little shorter than the previous two.
Pros and cons of owning fake AirPods
The first advantage they have over real AirPods is that they can connect to any device other than iOS, which makes them more universal. Also, they are way cheaper, so if you need to buy a new pair of earbuds, but can’t afford them at the moment, they are a great solution.
Fake AirPods come in many different colors, which makes them super cool. You can buy fun cases for the charging box in the personalizing topic, just like you could do with the original kind.
These devices usually work great, the main difference could be that the bass sounds a little higher than original AirPods, but the rest of the functions are fantastic. Also, this will depend mainly on the kind of earbud that you get. Some components are of better quality than others, so you should have that in mind.
However, there are bad things about them too, like their battery usually takes a lot of time to charge fully and it consumes very quickly. Another common problem among fake AirPods is that they tend to disconnect from each other, and you have to reset them constantly. This becomes very tedious, especially when you aren’t very familiar with the system.
How to tell between fake and real AirPods
If you recently purchased a pair of AirPods and you aren’t sure if they are real or not, there are a few things you can notice. The main difference is that the real ones don’t have any buttons, not even on the charging case. This works the same for the LED lights; real AirPods don’t have any.
Usually, the fake ones are way more rounded than the characteristic oval shape that Apple AirPods have, along with the placing of the speaker, which is slightly different. So now, if we talk about the box, other than the low back button, there aren’t a lot of differences.
Regarding the sound, the differences are more difficult to perceive. It is mainly in the high bass setting, as we mentioned before. Lastly, the real AirPods would automatically connect to your device, while the others need to be connected through Bluetooth.
Don’t buy real AirPods if you have an Android phone because they won’t work, but obviously, you can get them if you would like to use them on your MacBook or iPad.
If you found this article about connecting fake AirPods to Android useful, make sure to come for more similar posts!
More Posts for You: