How to root SM-G360T1? If you are using the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime, then you might have this question. This post will clear out all of your confusion.
The Samsung Galaxy Core Prime was released back in 2014. This one had a TFT display of 4.5 inches. At the release, it had Android 4.4.4 or Kitkat. Later, you could upgrade it to Android Lollipop. The smartphone featured Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 chipset and Adreno 306 GPU.
It had 8 GB internal storage and 1 GB RAM. Plus, you could add an external SD card to the dedicated slot. The main camera of the Samsung SM-G360T1 was a 5 MP camera. And the selfie camera was a 2 MP camera.
At the time of release, this is a good budget-friendly smartphone. Samsung has discontinued this model. Yet, there are many users who still use this phone.
And, we all know that you need to root your phone if you want to improve its performance. Also, you can add various features to your Android phone once you root it. So, you might want to root the SM-G360T1. If that is the case, then you are at the right place.
Because we are going to share the method of rooting the SM-G360T1 or Samsung Galaxy Core Prime phone. So, let’s get to the business…
Tutorial on How to Root SM-G360T1 or Samsung GALAXY Core Prime
Before we begin, we need to tell you that rooting your android phone might be good. However, if you are doing it wrong, it might damage your phone. So, you should always be prepared and understand the risk.
Also, there are many ways you can root an android phone. Depending on your phone model and situation, one method will be better than the other. As a result, we will share a few different methods of rooting SM-G360T1 in this section. You can use any of the methods you prefer. So, let’s go…
Remark: Rooting your phone can damage it. In that case, Androidtipster is not responsible anyway. Do it at your own risk.
Another important thing you need to do before rooting your phone is to protect your files and documents. Remember, when you will be rooting your phone, it could damage the files and data on your phone. So, it is a better idea to take backups of your data before rooting your phone. We believe you have already done that.
Method #1 Using TrapKernel
In this section, we will talk about how to root your SM-G360T1 phone using TrapKernel. It is a very easy way to root your phone. However, you should follow the steps properly to be successful. Now, let’s get to it….
Things You Will Require
- Odin version 3.12.3
- Samsung Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Core Prime
- USB Cable
- Your Phone with 60%+ charge
- Your Windows PC
Part #1 Enable Developer Option on SM-G360T1
Frist of all, you will need to enable the Developer Option on your phone. Here’s how to do this…
Steps to Follow
- As usual, navigate to the Settings menu on your phone.
- Next, scroll down and tap on the About Phone option from there.
- At this moment, you will need to tap on the ‘Build Number’ option several times continuously until you see a popup notification saying ‘You are a developer now’.
- Next, you can go back to the Settings page again. From there, tap on the ‘Developer Options’.
- Then turn on the Developer Option by tapping on the toggle button next to it.
- After that, you can scroll down on the main Settings page again and enable the ‘OEM Unlocking’ option.
Part #2 Back To Your PC
In this part, you will have to use your PC to download some drivers and software for rooting purposes. Let’s see how to do it…
Steps to Follow
- From your favorite browser, you need to download these files: Odin version 3.12.3, Samsung Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Core Prime, and TrapKernel on your PC.
- You should extract zip files of Odin. Then put both the TrapKernel and the extracted ZIP file in the same folder.
- Also, install the Samsung driver of which we have shared the link above on your PC.
- Now, you need to put your phone into bootloader mode. So turn off the phone completely.
- Next, press and hold the Volume Down + Home+ Power buttons at the same time until the phone has turned on.
- You will see a different kind of boot screen in this case. So, tap on the ‘Continue’ option to proceed.
- Now, you will need to plug in the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- Next, launch the Odin software on your PC.
- Once you have launched Odin and connected your phone to your PC, you will see a notification at the bottom left corner of the Odin homepage as “</003Added>” or something like that.
- At this point, you need to click on the AP button on Odin, which will bring out the Windows explorer.
- So you need to find the TrapKernel that we have told you to download. So find that and open it in Odin
- Now, wait until the kernel is being loaded in Odin. No need to do anything, just wait
- Once you see a message on Odin saying ‘Leave CS’, it should be loaded.
- And, you will also see that the path of the loaded kernel on the AP tab on Odin.
- So, now, click on the ‘Start to Flash’ option and wait.
- Your phone should be rooted in a few minutes. Remember the phone will be restarted automatically.
That is it. If you have followed the steps above properly, your phone should be rooted by now. To check the root status, you can install a SuperUser app or any app that requires a rooted phone to run.
Method #2 Using CF-Auto-Root
The second method is also very similar to the 1st method. However, we will use a different rooting app for this method. Otherwise, the Odin and the Samsung phone drivers will be the same. Still, we will share the links to the latest version of all those files. Here we go…
Things You Will Require
- Odin (Download and Install the Latest Version from the Page on Your PC)
- Samsung USB Driver for the SM-G360T1
- CF-Auto-Root and extract it in a folder that you know
- Take a backup of your files
- Phone with 60% + charge
- USB cable
- Your Windows PC
Steps to Follow
- First of all, you will need to enable the Developer Option on your phone. You can follow the above-mentioned method to accomplish this.
- After that, turn off your phone and enter into the Downloading Mode. To do that, you will need to press and hold down the Volume Down, Power, and the Home button at the same time until the phone turns on.
- You might see a warning message on the screen about the Downloading mode. Simply, select Continue to proceed. You can use the Volume Up and Down buttons to navigate through options and use the Power button to select any option.
- Next, launch the Odin program on your PC.
- Then connect your phone to the PC via a USB cable.
- At this moment, Odin will recognize your phone, you will see com port added notification on Odin.
- Next, you need to click on the PDA or AP button on Odin.
- In doing so, you will need to add the CF-Auto-Root file to Odin. You will have to go to the folder where you have extracted the CF-Auto-Root file.
- After the CF-Auto-Root file is loaded into Odin, you will need to click on the Start button at the bottom of the Odin.
- At this point, the rooting procedure will begin. So, wait for it to be completed. Normally, your phone will restart on its own.
Method #3 Use KingoRoot
If you think that all the above–mentioned methods are complicated. You can follow this method. Here, we will be sharing a trick on how to root your phone with a few clicks. In this method, we will use an app called KingoRoot.
As we have mentioned, you might have assumed that the process of rooting will be very easy. But there’s a catch here. The problem with this method is that sometimes this app doesn’t work on some particular smartphones.
So if you are unlucky, you might not be able to successfully using this app. Nevertheless, it won’t hurt to try this for yourself. So, here’s what you should do…
Steps to Follow
- So, first and foremost, you need to download the ‘KingoRoot’ apk from the link on your phone
- Then you need to install it. If you have not enabled the ‘Install from Unknown Source’ option on your phone, you should do this already. Otherwise, you will not be able to install the KingoRoot app.
- Next, launch the KingoRoot app on your phone.
- On the homepage, you will see all the information regarding your phone and the Android version of your phone.
- After that, you need to tap on the ‘One Click Root’ button and wait.
If you are lucky, your phone should be rooted by now. Otherwise, the first 2 options are your last resort.
Closing Thoughts on How to Root SM-G360T1
People love Android as they can customize it the way they want to. One of the best ways to improvise your android phone is to root that phone. But rooting a phone is not that straightforward. At the same time, it has some risks.
So, deciding on rooting your phone is a tricky decision. Nevertheless, for the best, if you follow a process properly, and you are lucky, your phone should be rooted properly without any issues.
In this post, we have tried to share a few methods of how to Root SM-G360T1 or the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime phone. You should try each of these methods mentioned above. And let us know which one was the best and most effective option for you. And before you go, don’t hesitate to share this post with others.