Can’t add a photo to a contact on your android phone? No worries. We will try to solve this problem for you.
Normally, you can add photos to any contact on your phone. By adding a photo to a contact, you will be able to know who is calling promptly. Interestingly, it is very easy to add a photo to a contact. But still, some of us are having issues in adding photos to contact on our android.
In this post, we will try to share the reasons behind the problem that you can’t add photos to a contact. In addition, we will also talk about the best way to add photos to a contact. So, if you are having problems with adding a photo to a contact on your Android phone, then this post is for you.
So, let’s get to it…
How to Add Photo to a Contact on Android
First of all, we will share the method of how to add a photo to a contact. Depending on the phone model, the process of adding a photo to contact might be a bit different. However, we will try to cover a few different methods so that you can follow the methods for your particular phone. So here we go…
Method #1 Add Photo to a Contact from the Contacts App
The first method is the best and most effective process of adding photos to a contact. Here, we will use the Contacts app on your phone. Let’s see how to do that…
Steps to Follow
- In this method, we would assume that you have already saved the contact on your phone. Now, you will just need to follow the steps below.
- Open the ‘Contacts’ app on your android phone.
- Then, scroll down and tap on the particular contact you want to add a photo to.
- Now, you will need to tap on the ‘Edit’ button or ‘Pencil’ icon from that contact page.
- At the moment, you will be able to edit the contact. Now, on most phones, you will find a ‘camera/picture’ icon at the top of the page
- So tap on that icon. Now, if you are setting a picture for that contact for the first time, then you will see 2 options, which are ‘Take Photo’ and ‘Choose Photo’ or ‘Choose from Gallery’.
- The ‘Take Photo’ option will allow you to capture a photo with your camera right at that moment and set it as a contact photo.
- Next, the ‘Choose Photo’ or ‘Choose from Gallery’ option will take you to your image gallery. So you will be able to choose any other images from your gallery for that contact.
- Now, choose or capture a picture first. Then you will have to crop that image if it is too big in size.
- After that, you will be able to set it up by tapping on the ‘Done’ or ‘Save’ button.
So from now on, you will see the image that you have set while you get a call from that contact.
Method #2 Setting a Photo to a New Contact
On the previous method, we have shown how you can add a photo to an existing contact on your phone. However, you can also add a photo on a new contact while you are creating the new contact. In this method, we will talk about that in detail.
Once again, you should keep in mind that depending on the model of your phone, the process might vary a bit. But the idea is almost the same. So, if you understand the steps, you should be able to follow this. Let’s go then…
Steps to Follow
- Simply, add a new contact as you would do.
- Now, while adding the name and other information of that contact, you will see the ‘Camera/Picture’ icon on that page
- So tap on that ‘camera/picture’ icon.
- At this point, you will be able to select the ‘Take Photo’ and ‘Choose Photo’ or ‘Choose from Gallery’ options.
- So, select the option you want and set a photo for that contact either from the Gallery or by taking a picture.
If you follow the steps above, you will be able to add a photo to a new contact very easily.
Method #3 Add Photo to a Contact from the Gallery
There is another method of adding a photo to a contact on android phones. And, this is directly from the Gallery of your phone. That means you will have to have the photo that you are going to add to the contact on your Gallery already.
Also, you must have already saved the contact on your phone. Only then, it is possible to add a photo to a contact from the Gallery on your android phone. Now, let’s learn how to do it…
Steps to Follow
- First of all, launch the Gallery or Photos app on your phone.
- Next, tap and open the photo you want to add to a contact from the gallery.
- After that, you will need to tap on the ‘Options’ or ‘More’ icon that might also look like a ‘3 dots’ icon.
- In doing so, a new overlay menu will appear. Now, from that overlay menu, you need to tap on the ‘Set as’ option.
- Next, you will find a few options to choose from. At that point, you will need to select the ‘Contact’ or ‘Contact Photo’ option from there.
- After that, you will see all the contacts on your phone. So, scroll down and select the particular contact that you want to add the photo to
- Next, you will need to edit or crop the image.
- After that, simply tap on the ‘Save’ or ‘Done’ button to add the photo to the contact.
Why You Can’t Add Photo to a Contact on Android
A lot of android users have reported that they can’t add a photo to a contact on Android. There are a few reasons behind this. And in this section, we will talk about them one by one. By the time you have read this, you should be able to solve the problem on your own. So let’s get started…
Reason #1 SIM Contacts
You know that you can save contacts to your SIM card. However, SIM cards don’t have very high capacity storage. They can only save names and the numbers of a specific number of contacts. So, it is not possible to add photos to contacts that are saved on the SIM card. As a result, if you are facing the issue that you cannot add a photo to a particular contact.
You should check whether the contact is saved on the SIM card or not. If so, then you should add a new contact to your phone storage. Or convert the SIM card contacts to phone contact. That way, you will be able to add a photo to contact by following the mythos mentioned above.
Reason # Phone Issue
You might also notice that you cannot add a photo to phone contact. In that case, the problem might be with your phone. So what can you do in this situation? Typically, we can suggest some fixed to this problem.
First of all, you can restart your phone. Yes, it might seem to you as an obvious tip. But believe it or not, many users have reported that they have fixed the ‘can’t add a photo to a contact’ issue by simply restarting their phone.
Next, if restarting your phone was not the solution for you. Then you can format your phone to its factory settings. To be noted, factory resetting a phone will delete your files and app data on your phone. So, before resetting your phone, you should take a backup of the files and data.
Adding a photo to contact can be a very convenient way to know who is calling you. And, all modern smartphones have this feature. In this post, we have shown a few different methods of adding photos to contacts on android phones.
If you follow the steps above, you should be able to add photos to contacts with ease. Now, in the end, we have also shared some reasons for you not being able to add photos to contacts on android. At the same time, we have also talked about some fixes to those problems.
We hope from now on, you will be able to add photos to contacts on Android without any hassle. As always, if this post helped you, you can share that with others. And, if you have any questions or suggestions, you can share them with us in the comments below!
More Posts for You: