The question that many are wondering about is – how can I hide my activity from followers on Instagram? Interestingly, we have the answers to your question, if you are among them.
If you are using Instagram, you are one of the active users among 1 billion. People share their favorite moments through pictures on Instagram.
Usually, one would use their social media account to share information with others.
However, in some peculiar cases, you might want some particular people not to see your posts. That’s when you would like to know whether it is possible to hide your activity on Instagram or not.
And if you are one of them who is looking for ways to hide your activity on Instagram from your followers, you have stumbled upon the perfect post.
In this article, you will find out whether it is possible to hide your activity on Instagram or not.
Also, you will learn how to hide all types of Instagram activity from your followers or other Instagram users. We will share multiple tips on this topic.
So, are you ready? Then let’s get to the point…
How Can I Hide My Activity From Followers On Instagram? Several Tips
Can You Really Hide Your Overall Instagram Activity?
Let’s be clear. It is not possible to hide your entire Instagram activity from your followers on Instagram.
Once you have shared something on your account publicly, others will know about it. Especially, your followers will see this on their feed.
However, there are a few workarounds you can try to hide your activity on Instagram as much as possible. And, we can tell you to think carefully before you share something on social media sites.
So, that you don’t have to find ways to hide it from others. Because you know it is tough to undo if you have already shared your activity with the world via the Internet.
Now, let’s get familiar with some tips you can try to hide your Instagram activity from others as much as possible.
1) Use the Activity Status Settings
By default, Instagram will show your activity status to everybody. With the help of the activity status feature, one can know whether you are active on Instagram at the moment or not.
However, if you think that this feature is not for you, you can disable this.
In other words, you can turn off the activity status settings to hide your activity status from other Instagram users. If you disable this feature, then other people will not know whether you are online or not.
However, if you like, or comment, or even post something at the moment, then it is obvious that they will be able to figure out that you are active right then. Now, let’s learn how to turn off the ‘Activity Status’ feature.
Steps to Follow
- Launch the ‘Instagram’ app on your phone if you haven’t already
- Then tap on the ‘Profile’ tab from the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap on the ‘Settings/Gear’ icon from the screen.
- After that, tap on the ‘Privacy’ option.
- On the next page, you have to tap on the ‘Activity Status’ option.
- Then, tap on the ‘Show Activity Status’ option, and you will see the blue toggle button has turned white.
- That means the from now on; your activity status will not be shared with others.
However, if you want others to know your activity status, then you can enable it by tapping the ‘Show Activity Status’ button once again. It will be enabled once the toggle button next to it turns blue.
2) Hide Your Commenting Activity on Instagram
Unfortunately, there is no way to hide your comment on Instagram once you have hit the publish button.
However, if you insist on hiding a comment, you can delete it completely from Instagram. Here’s how to delete a comment on Instagram.
Steps to Follow
- Locate the photo where you have posted your comment.
- Then, click on the comment button under the photo you have commented on.
- Now, swipe your finger over the comment from left to right. It will bring out the reply and trash icon.
- So, tap on the ‘Delete’ icon, and the Comment will be deleted.
Once you have deleted comment, it cannot be brought back.
3) Hide Your Photos, Videos, or Posts on Instagram
One of the most frequently asked questions many IG users seem to have is how to hide photos on Instagram?
Unfortunately, Instagram doesn’t allow you to hide your photos. But once again, the workaround is to delete the particular photos/videos from your Instagram account.
It is effortless to delete any photo you have posted on Instagram. After deleting the posted photo, one copy will still be saved on your photo library. From there, you can repost it.
One small note, deleting a photo will not have any impact if somebody has already taken a screenshot of it. Yet, let’s learn how to hide your photos on Instagram.
Steps to Follow
- First of all, locate the photo you want to delete. You can search it on your Instagram timeline or via your profile tab.
- Once you have found the photo, tap on the ‘3 dots’ button on the bottom right corner of the photo.
- In doing so, a few options will appear on the screen. Now, tap on the ‘Delete’ button from those options.
- At this moment, a pop-up will appear on the screen. You have to tap on the ‘Yes’ option for confirming.
- And finally, tap on the ‘Delete’ button once to delete the photo.
- If you want to delete the photo from your Instagram account permanently, you can delete it from the photo library.
Then again, if somebody has already seen the photo, they might have got a copy of it. So, it is always better to think before posting. That way, you would not have to go through all these hassles.
4) Hide Your ‘Like’ Activities on Instagram
Everybody knows that other users can see what you are liking on Instagram. But what if you have liked something on Instagram that you want to undo?
In this case, you can, unlike the photo. But how does it work? It is very simple and similar to the way you have liked the photo in the first place. Let’s see how to do so…
Steps to Follow
- As usual, open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Then, find the photo you have liked on Instagram that you want to hide the like. There is an easier way to do this.
- First of all, tap on the ‘Profile’ tab on the screen’s bottom right corner.
- Then tap on the ‘3 dots’ icon from the top of the screen.
- In doing so, the settings menu will appear.
- You will have to scroll down and tap on the ‘Posts you’ve liked’ option on this page.
- It will bring out the photos you have liked previously.
- So, find the image that you want to remove the like from
- And, after the image has loaded, you can tap on the ‘Like’ button, and your like will be removed.
Using this method, you can easily unlike any photos you have accidentally liked in the first place.
Moreover, we have another tricky way to tackle this issue. And we are going to share the tip with you down below…
Alternative Way to Hide Your ‘Like’ Activity on Instagram
For the record, Instagram has a limitation on the activity feed of their user. And that is, your followers will only be able to see the 8 most recent photos you have liked. Yes, it is not unlimited.
If you don’t want to unlike that particular photo to hide it from your followers, you can instead like random 8+ photos as fast as possible after you have liked the said photo.
This trick works as a double-edged sword as you can see that your ‘Like’ is still on the photo. Also, your followers don’t know that you have liked that specific photo in the first place. Cool, isn’t it?
Last but not least, it could also be that someone has seen that you have liked a particular photo even before you could like random 8+ photos. As a result, it is always better to be responsible while liking photos on Instagram.
If you think that liking a photo will get you into trouble later, then you should avoid liking it in the first place.
5) Hide Your ‘Following’ List on Instagram from Non-Followers
The ‘Following’ list stores all the people you follow on your Instagram account. Chances are you want to hide the ‘Following’ list so that some particular people wouldn’t know who you are following on Instagram.
This is a great idea. But unfortunately, it is not that straightforward to hide the ‘Following’ list on Instagram.
Once again, we will share a couple of workarounds that will be a close replacement to hiding your ‘Following’ list on Instagram. And among them, one tip would be to set your Instagram profile to ‘Private’.
And another option would be to block the particular users you don’t want to share anything with. Still, these methods are not very good for your Instagram account. Why? We will talk about it after we describe the methods. So, here we go…
Turn On Private Mode
If you are skeptical about other users on Instagram, you will like the ‘Private’ mode. If you have switched your Instagram profile to ‘Private’, then a couple of changes will occur.
First of all, anybody that wants to follow you will need your permission.
That means they have to send you a request, then if you accept it, only then they will be able to follow and access your account. Interestingly, everybody for your followers will not be able to see anything you have shared on your profile.
Yes, everything regarding the account except your username and profile picture will be hidden from the public. Only your current followers will be to see what you are up to on Instagram. This is a great way to hide your activities from unknown people on Instagram.
However, to accomplish it, you will have to be very selective in accepting the ‘Follow’ requests. Also, in most cases, your follower count might decrease. Because many users only follow others if they can see what type of content they are sharing.
So, if you have made your profile private, they will not see what you are sharing and might not be interested in following you. Regardless of all these, let’s see how to turn on the ‘Private’ mode on Instagram.
Steps to Follow
- As always, launch the Instagram official app on your android phone if you haven’t already.
- Then, tap on the ‘Profile’ tab icon from the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap on the ‘3 horizontal lines’ icon from the top and click on the ‘Settings/Gear’ icon from the menu.
- Then, tap on the ‘Privacy’ option.
- From the next page, you will have to tap on the ‘Account Privacy’ option under the ‘Connections’ tab.
- Next, tap on the toggle button next to the option ‘Private Account.’
- In doing so, a popup will appear saying ‘Change to Private Account’? Tap on the ‘OK’ option
- And your Instagram account will be private from now on.
Block Other Users
The second method of hiding your activity from certain followers on Instagram would be to block them. Once again, here’s a caveat. Even if you have blocked their primary account, they could have multiple fake accounts.
And, then they will be able to see your activity using those accounts. Still, blocking people is a great way to hide all of your Instagram activity (past/present/future) from any particular user. Here’s how to do it…
Steps to Follow
- After you have opened the Instagram app on your Android phone, go to the account/profile of the particular user you want to block
- Then, tap on the ‘3 dots’ icon on the top of the profile page.
- Next, an overlay menu with a few options will appear.
- So tap on the ‘Block’ option from there.
- Next, tap on the ‘Yes, I’m Sure’ option from the popup, and that user will be blocked.
Following this, you can block as many users as you would like. The list of all these blocked users will be found under the ‘Settings>Privacy>Blocked Accounts’ option.
You can unblock them from there if you want to anytime.
This post tried to answer your question – How can I hide my activity from followers on Instagram?. However, as you might have guessed, there is no easy way to hide your activity online.
Still, we have tried to reveal some tips and tricks that can be used as workarounds.
We hope these tips will help you to hide all the things regarding your Instagram account from others.
But as you know, once you have shared something on the internet, it is quite impossible to undo. It would be best if you remembered the old saying – prevention is better than cure when it comes to sharing and the internet.
Before you share something or accept someone’s request, commenting, liking, etc., on any social media site, you should think thoroughly.
It is our duty to be responsible while using social media sites for our own sake. That way, you will not have to think of hiding your activity on the Internet.
More posts for you: